Whether you need help installing or servicing your heating or cooling systems or you’re remodeling your kitchen or bathroom, you need the right contractor. Rainaldi is here to help. With so many contractors to choose from out there how do you know you are making the right decision for your business or home?
How to Choose the Best Contractor
- Always check with your local Better Business Bureau and affiliated state and community agencies for a company history of complaints and resolutions to ensure the dealer is reputable.
- Always ask for references: Current residential or business customers are an excellent source of information and are often willing to share their experiences.
- Check local licenses: Ask your contractor to see any applicable state and local licenses, bonding, and insurance coverage.
- Get a detailed proposal in writing: Beware of a dealer who does not back-up their offer with a detailed written proposal.
- Heat loss-heat gain calculation: Expect a thorough visit to your home. A good contractor should evaluate your overall comfort needs by measuring your home and checking your insulation levels.
- Equipment/labor warranties and guarantees: Warranties and guarantees vary according to manufacturer and dealer. It is a good idea to ask that they be included in your written estimate.
- Discuss the maintenance requirements of your system with your contractor: Like any major purchase, it is important to understand the costs of maintaining it before making a decision. A few good questions to ask include what you can do yourself versus what a contractor will have to perform. One of the best ways to ensure your new system’s performance, reliability and safety is to sign up for a maintenance agreement.
- Know and understand the contract: Beware of vague contracts and always ask clarifying questions.
- Get more than one estimate or reference: It is always a good idea to get multiple estimates anytime you feel uncertain that you are selecting the best contractor. Multiple estimates allows you to compare prices as well as services to be sure you are getting the most value.
Consequences of Choosing the Wrong Contractor:
You can avoid many of the common home improvement hazards by taking the time to ensure that you have chosen the best contractor for the job including:
- Increased system breakdowns
- Insufficient installation
- Unsafe or inefficient operation
- Shorter longevity of equipment
- Poor customer service
- Increased utility bills
- Voiding of factory warranties
- Building Code Infractions and penalties
- Theft, property damage, or worse
Rainaldi is one of Orlando’s largest and most trusted home comfort specialists. We encourage you to do your homework. We’re confident that we will earn your business as well as help you avoid the frustrations of selecting the wrong contractor. Contact us today for assistance.